Throughout the world, students are turning more and more to the internet as a tool to expand their knowledge and learn new skills. E-learning industry size surpassed USD 315 billion in 201 and projected to grow at a 20% CAGR from 2022 to 2028.
Online courses have adopted by businesses from a wide range of industries. The ability to invest in education and lifelong learning is becoming a widespread trend with both the young and older generations.
The process of creating and selling your online courses will be challenging if you want to start an e-learning businesses. This blog has enumerated some steps to ensure that your business will be successful, as well as how to ensure that you will see good returns.
What are the opportunities for Online courses in India?
- Thanks to internet access and cellular penetration, online economies have grown at an exponential rate.
- According to the latest figures published by the Economics Times, India had 692 million monthly active users as of July 28th, 2022. The internet penetration was 47 percent in early 2022 and expected to reach 900 million by 2025, with a growth rate of about 15 percent per year.
- A growing use of machine learning and artificial learning is improving online education, allowing for more creative contributions to the content of education.
- The need for professionals in this field is growing even though social media marketing is one of the new courses in India.
How to Create and Sell Online Courses
To create and sell courses online, follow these steps:
Choose an industry-demanding subject:
Online courses purchased for various reasons. Here are a few of the reasons people buy online courses.
- A desire to learn new skills for changing careers or starting new ones.
- Enhancing career opportunities by obtaining certification.
- Courses offered online have a higher rate of retention.
- Enhance Employee Efficiency.
- As preparation for academics.
- They desire to gain new knowledge or skills.
It is common for people to search for courses that will assist them in starting a new career.
Some of the courses that are high in demand at the moment include:
- Information Technology
- Fitness and Health
- Tech and Computers
- Creating Content
- Data Science with Python
- Green Belt: Six Sigma
- The use of Digital Marketing tools.
- Scrum Master Certification Prep Courses
- Foundations of Project Management
- Power BI
- Excel essential training courses
If you offer IT skill sets, you can choose Cloud under the Applications and Security section.
You will need the following devices to begin your online courses once you have picked a subject.
Make sure you have the proper devices.
- A computer/Laptop/Tab/Smartphone
- Good Internet access
- Top quality microphones
- A top-notch webcam
- Well written script
Get expertise in Technology with Following skills you should have:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Aware of send/receive email style
- The use of a web browser
- Using search engines to find resources
- Software downloads and installations
- Understanding of browser plug-ins (such as PDF readers, videos, and audio)
- Use productivity software, including word processing, presentation software, and other tools.
- Have an experience in various file formats, such as PDF, RTF, DOC, and DOCX formats, as well as .txt.
- Understanding the scan and convert handwritten work into PDF files using document scanners or document scanning apps.
- Learn new technology skills (by following handouts, tutorials, online videos, or finding support to learn necessary skills).
Select a platform for hosting your online courses
If you plan to host and sell your courses online, choose a platform like Skillshare, Udemy, Simplilearn, Teachable, Podia, LearnWorlds Etc. Check out an easy-to-access hosting system that can host and sell your online course.
The platform enables course creators to host videos and market their courses online.
It is also possible to choose to host your online course. Although this is expensive, you have complete control over your online course.
Selling online courses on the platforms like Udemy, Simplilearn, Teachable, Podia, LearnWorlds, and Skillshare on a marketplace where you can customize your branding and generate revenue.
Choosing the right platform for receiving money is crucial
It would be best if you had a payment gateway setup to accept payments from around the nation to sell online courses. These help out in monetizing the content. One of the most stressful parts of selling online courses is setting up a payment gateway.
With payment pages, you can provide details about your business, accept payments, and provide all your payment information.
Payments can be collect via different methods through Easebuzz, including Google pay, Phonepe, Paytm, and Amazon Pay, so creators of online courses can sell courses in any part of the country.
Make your brand more visible online.
The most effective way to educate your audience is to provide them with information about your products or brands, which done through a free platform, such as a YouTube channel, social media channels, a blog, podcast, business listings, course listings, or PDF sharing websites.
Using promoter feedback for referrals and testimonials is a good idea
Having social proof that your expertise exists is one of the best assets. Customers trust your courses more if they see testimonials and case studies. Customer testimonials are an excellent way for your online courses to gain online credibility.
Choosing the correct E-Learning charges
In the beginning, you must do the same calculation and testing before you settle on a price. There is no formula for perfect pricing. There is always trial and error before getting the right price.
Depending on the topic, expertise, and audience, you can consider the competitor’s pricing chart or relevant source provider while figuring out how much you need to charge for an online course.
When launching an online course, who would you target?
When your online courses are ready, test them with a small audience to discover any loopholes before launching them on the leading platform. Some steps known as sample testing help you to:
Identify and communicate with the target market.
- Get a clear understanding of your needs and questions.
- Fulfill the real needs of a market.
- Determine the price point of the target audience.
- Identify the buyer’s journey and create it
- There is a problem here that the market is becoming aware of. Thus, they start looking for solutions.
- Remember this: Be aware of a problem, find solutions, and act.
The technology-driven world has seen exponential growth in online courses over the past few years. The trend is not likely to disappear anytime soon. Experts are finding program that solves particular problem through world-class portals, prestigious schools, or effective programs.